Hi everyone, welcome to the Restore Podcast episode 12. I am your host, Javier Diaz.
It's good to be back after not posting an episode last month. Of course last month we held our Restore Conference and it was truly a lot of work to put on but an incredible blessing—especially hearing from several pastors/leaders telling us how they were inspired and challenged by the conference. If you weren't able to make it, we are updating our web site to add pictures from the conference, including many of the main stage speakers. So, as soon as the site is ready I will let you know.
Before telling you about this episode. I again want to thank all of you for listening and sharing with others this podcast. I also want to thank several of you that have encouraged me to keep doing them. With this 12th episode, I have now been doing this for a year. Over the course of this year, we've had more than 1,000 total plays to the Restore Podcast. So again, I say thank you and please continue to share and subscribe to the podcast!
With that said, I'm really excited for you to hear this episode entitled Worship, Music, and the Church.
I invited three incredible, God-loving people who love the church and love music! Though they do introduce themselves, allow me to tell you a little bit about them:
- Tami Cinquemani is Worship Pastor at Florida Hospital Church. She has served there for more than 20 years, and became Worship Pastor in 2009. She also completed her masters degree in worship studies at the Robert E. Webber Institue for Worship Studies.
- Richard Hickam serves as Minister of Music at Florida Hospital Church. Richard is a versatile composer, conductor, arranger, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist. He is also the founding music director and conductor of the East Tennessee Symphony Orchestra and served for more than a decade as the band and orchestra director at Collegedale Academy in Tennessee.
- Denar Almonte is Worship Leader for Forest City Spanish Church. He is an incredible worship leader, singer, and music producer. He spent 12 years as leader of the well-known Spanish Heritage Singers. Along with leading worship at Forest City, Denar currently leads a music group called Promise.
We had an incredibly great and fun time talking about what worship is and what it might look like in the gathered experience, as well as when the church is scattered during the week. We spent a good amount of time talking about how they prepare for their worship gathered experiences and so much more.
I believe this is the longest episode I've recorded thus far, but I hope that you will take the time to listen, because I believe you will be blessed by listening to this amazing conversation I had with them.
- The Dangerous Act of Worship: Living God's Call to Justice by Mark Labberton
- For the Glory of God: Recovering a Biblical Theology of Worship by Daniel I. Block
- The Worship Architect: A Blueprint for Designing Culturally Relevant and Biblically Faithful Services by Constance M. Cherry