Hello and welcome to the Restore Podcast episode 8. I am your host, Javier Diaz, and I want to thank everyone who is listening and sharing this podcast.
In this episode, I talk with four pastors in different areas who are actively engaged in reaching millennials:
- Dr. Allan Martin is the pastor of Younger Generation Church which is the vibrant young adult ministry of Arlington Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Pastor Ben Lundquist is the Young Adult Director at Oregon Conference and Young Adult Coordinator for the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists.
- Pastor Alex Voigt is Associate Pastor at Port Charlotte Seventh-day Adventist Church. He has been doing a great job and reaching and empowering young adults.
- Pastor Morris Thompson is Associate Pastor at Miami Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church. Those who listen regularly to this podcast will recall Pastor Thompson was part of our previous episode as we featured his church. Because I personally know of what he's being doing with young adults in Miami, we invited him back to be part of this episode.
We had a great conversation about who millennials are, exactly, and how to engage with them. We spoke about worship services for millennials and mentoring, as well as had a little fun during our conversation as you will notice.
As a reminder, registration is open for our Restore conference that will take place Jan. 30-31, 2017. Two of our confirmed keynote speakers are Ed Stetzer and Michael Frost. Also, several pastors/leaders will share their stories on how God is leading their journey to restore mission in their church.
As of this episode, we are about four months away from the next Restore conference. Be sure to register online today.
- Article: "To attract young people to your church, you’ve got to be warm. Not cool."
- Book: Growing Young
- Report: Barna Group—Adventist Millennial Research
- Facebook: NAD Young Adult Ministry Advisory
- Younger Generation Church
Web Site: YGchurch.com
Leadership/Training Blog: http://University.YGchurch.com/
A. Allan Martin, Ph.D.: amartin@YGchurch.com